It was a amazingly beautiful day!!!!
I walked: Layla, Deuce, Mable, Samson, Susie, Roxie, Scoobie, Romeo, Charlie, Perry and Rory.
Layla has really become a favorite of mine. Today a family came to see her and was really interested. They have another dog which is good...I think she would like a play mate. They also have two kids probably around the ages of 7 and 9. Kids with dogs always make me nervous and not for the kid for the dog. I just believe the majority of kids aren't raised to handle and respect dogs well and I just don't like it. But I hope the best for her and I think that family could be a fit for her.
LAYLA
Deuce is a really great medium to large but skinny built dog he has a lot of energy and his brother Bo has been adopted so I hope he finds his home soon.
DEUCE
Mable was knew to me this week. She is really sweet outside...a little bit of a leash biter...but when she is in her kennel she is really mouthy about other dogs. I guess they just all handle their kennel situation differently.
MABLE
Susie Susie Susie. She is last of the original group for me. She is a handful she is really cute and can be sweet. She is great in the pin off the leash. On leash she can get kind of nuts. Today we were chilling on the hill and then all the sudden she started biting my arm so I stood up to take her in and she went bananas on me. Jumping all the way up to my upper arm and biting me of course on the most tender part underneath. I discovered bruises later. I have a feeling this is one of the reasons she is still there. But I sure do hope her luck changes soon. For her and I both ;-)
SUSIE
Roxie was a new dog to me...she is this skinny pretty tan, brown, gold color. She is six which makes me sad. She looks like the perfect, typical little as seen on tv mutt. I hope she gets a good quiet home soon.
Then there was Scoobie. Poor Scoobie he was this black grey wire haired little scared mess. He was scared to walk so I talked and held him and that seemed to make it worse. He just shook so eventually we got to walking and he did better. Shelter life is not for him...he needs out fast!!!
Then I went up front and grabbed Romeo who is white with black spots like a cow. He reminds me of a heavier Harpeth. He is just as gentle but not quite as social. Super sweet though.
ROMEO
Then small little Charlie I grabbed... he is a cutie and just too small to be back there with the big dogs. I think he will get a home soon too. He is a good looking sweet small dog.
Then I grabbed a new to me Perry who is a small lab mix of some type with this curry tail. He is really sweet and lovey.
PERRY
Finally, I grabbed Rory really quickly before I left. She is too small to be back there too and I was so afraid she wouldn't get walked because she was the only one left on the back aisle. So I grabbed her and we got some quick time outside before I headed out.
RORY
Mom walked a few too and it was great for her to see what it was all about. After our time there I was exhausted...but we headed to get some 1/2 Marathon prep in and got 4 miles in. I was definitely done when that was over. Lots of time outside though and I love that!!!!
Thank you for an amazing day!!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment