Our Family

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Runners Are You Ready????

This morning was the day. I got up early, early to get my body up and ready for the 13.1 it was about to do. Yep today was the Country Music Marathon   Mom, Marti and I all completed it this year. The guys of course were very supportive. :-)



I always take a pre-race picture with the pups. 
I think Bailey was more excited than anyone this early in the am :-)




Happy he is so awesome to get up early and support me in all my races 

Mom and Marti ( Larry Garrett's Niece)
Marti came to Nashville with her cousin Jean Ann to run the race back in 2009
And Mom and I got talked into for our first 1/2 ever. 
This was our 4th Country Music 1/2 and our 5th 1/2 Marathon.

 
Mom and I getting ready to run

One of my favorite things about this race is the people. 
It is so amazing to see 30,000+ people gather to run a race.
It gives me chills 

My other tattoo. 

Mom and I just after crossing the start line :-)

We started the race at 7:22:14am

We crossed the 5k mark at 8:00:39am
38:25

This years race was a little different. Mom and I separated due to the heat and it was a really different experience. It was so hard for me to leave her behind but she was feeling the heat very early in the race and I felt good and knew my endurance would drop fast.

I crossed the 10k mark at 8:39:05am
1:16:51

This is me running down Division down into The Gulch...Working towards mile 10. 
I was so happy to see James and Larry. I had been alone since mile 5.

I crossed the 10 mile mark at 9:27:33am
2:05:19

As I was running and feeling great and knowing when to walk and when to run again I knew the only reason I was so successful is thanks to my awesome trainer, my Mom. Even though we were apart I could hear her tell me when to do what. The last 3 miles where so hard without her...but I made it and it was my best time so far

I crossed the Finish Line at
10:11:20am
2:49:06



We made it, but not together :-( 
So I know another race is in our future. 
If I have in my way it will be 


No comments: