Our Family

Saturday, July 28, 2012

NHA

I was so pumped to return to the shelter this Fridays. Fridays just are perfect. Its a great way to start my day off. I usually have familiar faces...like Ashley there to help me. And when I am done I don't have to run home quickly and worry that I have left James alone all morning. It is just perfect. Over the next few months my Fridays might be a problem...but I love them while I have them and always look forward to them returning!


I started with Zeitlin who I met last week. An older, very sweet girl. I was so happy to see they had gotten her a cot for her kennel...she needs the extra padding she is a bit boney. 


Lil Bit I met today. He is just totally adorable and ready to go! He is 8 months old and full of cuteness! I think he will be adopted very soon!


Penny was a happy, hyper white and tan baby. She was really cute and had tons and tons of energy. She is just 7 months so thats to be expected. I was very happy to meet this sweet girl. 


Lucky was this awesome black dog with a face like my Gigi that got adopted earlier this year. He is just so adorable. A medium sized black baby that I just love. He looks like he had some skin issues so I am curious about his past. 


Hoss has been at the shelter a few weeks and I am drawn to him for his lab features but hadn't been able to walk him til today. He is definitely a Hoss and had no trouble pulling me up the hill. He is a short legged Lab mixed and just really cute. He is four so I worry about him finding his forever home. 




Red Rock I met today and I got in that kennel to hook her up and thought it was never gonna happen. She was so full of energy and couldn't get still. I thought this is gonna make for a fun walk. But, the minute we got the leash on and were out the door she did great. She was super sweet and chill. I am afraid her craziness in the kennel will keep people from getting her outside and seeing how great she is. 




Cabo has been there a little while and I think he is really sweet. He is five and a small medium dog. When I first met him he was in the big kennel. Then he spent some time in the real life room and today he was up front. I hope that gave him some extra exposure to possible adopters. Today I spent some time with him on the leash and in his room. He has a great attitude and I think he would make someone an awesome dog. I love his personality and his ears!!!


I end my day with walking Captain and spending time with him in his room. He is clearly a favorite and I just have to believe he will get his real forever family soon. Just look at that face!!!! Love him!

No comments: