This past Saturday was The Country Music Marathon & Half Marathon! This was Mom and I's 4th 1/2...3rd CM 1/2. Each year has been very different. The training part and the race part, but each year I am so thrilled to be there and to cross that finish line together.
This year we had to all meet at the race bright and early...Jean Ann and Mark came to support us too!!! We got started earlier than we thought by moving up a few corrals and that really helped us...it got hot much faster than I thought.
This year we had to all meet at the race bright and early...Jean Ann and Mark came to support us too!!! We got started earlier than we thought by moving up a few corrals and that really helped us...it got hot much faster than I thought.
The first half I felt like we did great. We ran a lot and didn't take many breaks...but when we reached mile 7 on 12th South I about died. My knee had been really bothering me...but 12th South was full of hills and no shade...a new part of the course that we had not practiced on. It was refreshing to see our cheerleaders: James, Larry, Mark & Jean Ann in The Gulch right before mile 10. After seeing them I told Mom how bad I was hurting since we just had 3 more miles to go...she was having trouble too and let me know that we had a full hour to get the last 3 in and still beat our time. So we decided to do alot of fast walking...and fast walking we did!!!
They moved the finish line this year...which I loved...just wished I had know...I would have run more at the very end but I was afraid I had more left than I really did. Either way we beat our time by 6 mins....2:50:24 and I was thrilled!!!!
They moved the finish line this year...which I loved...just wished I had know...I would have run more at the very end but I was afraid I had more left than I really did. Either way we beat our time by 6 mins....2:50:24 and I was thrilled!!!!





What a great experience and a really cool thing to do with your Mom!!!!After the race we eventually made it back to the cars and back to the house to rest and bit and eat. Then later that night we all headed out to meet in Cool Springs for Dinner. Marti & Larry had come into town too...so they were there with James & I, Mom & Larry, Jean Ann & Mark and Mary Katherine & Mickey joined us too!!!!
A very nice weekend!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment