Our Family

Monday, May 7, 2012


Sunday I headed to the shelter and it was oh so hot. But, I was so thrilled to be there since this coming weekend I will be in Cali. Also, for whatever reason the time between my Fridays seemed much shorter than the time between my Sundays. The only thing I can come up with is that going on Sundays means I have to wait until the weekend is over to go. I'm so happy I still get to go...but man am I ready to return to my Fridays!!!!

Today this is who I saw:

Susie 
                                    
who is a Hound/Healer mix about 30lbs and 1-2 years old. She is Blue ticked and a very loving and playful girl. She was a bit of a whiner which is why I chose her first. I loved loving on her and holding her. 

Then I grabbed Buster who was a Shepherd mix about 57 lbs and 1 year old. He was found as a stray so not much was known about him. but he was oh so sweet and loved being outside on our walk and loved being loved on. He was great! Definitely one of my favorites. I wish I had a picture of him. We hung out in the grass for forever and he was so wonderful!

Percy
 who I have walked before is a Shepherd mix about 50 lbs and  2 years old. He is very active and very sweet. I wish he would find a home soon!


Then I chose sweet Biscuit
who was in a kennel on the back wall by the door and just looked so shy. She is a  Lab/Terrier mix about 52 lbs and 4 years old. She was so sweet and I just hate to see older pups in the shelter. I hope someone falls in love with her soon!

Buddy
is a Catahoula mix  about 55LBS and he LOVES to give kisses I mean a ton of kisses. He is such a smart boy too...he knows how to sit, stay, play dead and roll over. He is good at fetching too. It is sad to see such a well behaved dog not in a wonderful, loving home. 


I then went back to my original row and grabbed Zen
who is Chow mix about 37lbs and still pretty young around 6 months. Zen has just the cutest face and was really sweet. 


Bernard
                                         
I met when James I went together and his about 3 and just was so cute. I fell in love with him when I saw him getting some zzzzs in his kennel through all the noise. Someone loved him once and I hope someone loves him again very soon!



Sid was a sweet baby that I got to spend some time with. It is always so wonderful loving on these pups and giving them love. Some seem to have never known it, and some seem to miss it oh so much. Just having the opportunity to love them and show them love for the short time I am with them is amazing for me. 


When I searched the kennels to see how many dogs I had on my list...in the last kennel I saw Trouble and just knew I had to take him before I left. 
He was this big headed Chocolate Lab mix. He was a big boy at 82 lbs and  3 years old.  He was so sweet. I took him to the pin and he loved it. It made me sad to read on his name tag that he came in with Sammy, I can't imagine two pups being separated. I would love to hear that they go home together, but a home a part is better than none at all.  

So because I read about Sammy, I made sure to go find her.
She is a Shephard Mix at 53 lbs and 4 years old.   She was so gentle and sweet. All I could think about was her being separated from Trouble :-(

Then I found Mister.
Last week James walked him and gave him the best belly rub ever so I wanted at chance to get to know him too. He is a  Lab/Terrier mix about 30 lbs and  1 1/2 years old. He was really sweet and loved giving kisses.   


By this point I was getting pretty tired cause it was just so hot out. But, each time I came in and saw one of those adorable faces I couldn't tell them no.

Lily
 was just adorable. She was about 10 months and her Brindle coat was so pretty. It isnt very often that I see the brindle coat on such a little girl. She was so snugglie and sweet. I really loved my time with Lilly.   

Trey
is a Blue Heeler mix about 49 lbs and approx 1 year old. He is super high energy and still has some puppy in him. But he was oh so sweet. I had fun with Trey today!


Barb
                                         
is a pup that I loved since the moment I saw her due to her unique look. Her eyes are just so cool. Barb is extremely sweet...but very much of a puppy. I enjoyed my time with her today. 

I was trying so hard to get out the door and head home but I just couldn't say no to Iggy.
 She is a Hound mix about 36 lbs and around 10 months old and full full full of energy. I couldn't believe her power. I was not ready for her when I got to her I was so exhausted...but crazy, sweet Iggy reminded me that just because she was last doesn't mean she is any less ready to hit the ground running!   


Oh what a day it was! I love my days at the shelter...what a wonderful fun day it was!

No comments: