Our Family

Friday, February 26, 2010

Accidents Happen

I thought Tuesday night was gonna be just like an ordinary Tuesday night...but it wasn't. I was heading home from James' house, hadn't even made it to the Interstate and ended up in a car accident. I was very lucky, and only ended up with minor damages to my hands. However, injuries to your hands are quite inconvenient!!!! The top of my left hand is burned and my right thumb is cut and sprained...all injuries from the airbag. Its funny because all the little things that you are use to being able to do all the sudden become important things that you need help with. Its amazing how limited I feel, but its day 3 and I'm definitely figuring things out quickly and I'm able to do so much more than the last 2 days. I would like to quickly mention that having hired Allison to work at IVWU and having her there this week has been so much help, and I am so thankful that she is there and doing such a good job!



We did head to the ER to make sure nothing was broken. We didn't get out of there til around 2:30am...but I was thankful I had James with me at the crash site and had him there to take me to the ER, be there with me and even keep me entertained, and take care of me afterwards. I don't think I could have had it any better under the circumstances!!!









I haven't found out about my car yet, but I am definitely anxious to know if I need to start the car search process.








2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Beth...Bless your heart!!! I'm soooo glad you were not hurt any worse than you were.....But having both hands out of commission couldn't be easy...How are you managing???? Walking dogs? getting dressed? Eating??? Makeup??? and to have to deal with car repairs or replacement!!??? ughhh Let me know if there is anything I help with....susan

Bethany said...

Oh it has definitely been rough. Getting ready and walking the dogs is the hardest. I have almost mastered eating left handed except that my elbow sticks way out! Still waiting to hear about my car, but I am picking up my rental today! A girl without a car for a week is not a happy girl...its hard relying on everyone else to get places...even if people are nice and helpful! Thanks for checking in!