Our Family

Monday, October 11, 2010

Race 4 The Cure...We Miss You RJ

I completely forgot to post this post.... :-( On Saturday Oct 9th The Race 4 the Cure 5k was hosted at Maryland Farms in Brentwood. Last year this event was the same day as The Mutt Strutt, but this year I really, really wanted to participate. I was hopeful my Uncle Billy would be able to participate with me in memory of his wife Sharon aka RJ, but his work didn't allow him to. So...the next best thing I thought of was to do this event with my Mom and Billy the dog :-) The morning of the Race the plan was to have Larry drop the 3 of us off. Well, it just so happens that these horribly annoy squirrels at my house were incredibly loud...again. So James was up with me so he headed out there with us and him and Larry hung out and waited on us.



My ShirtBill's Shirt


The Runners
Our Family minus a Bails :-(

The 1st one to cross the finish line (guy in pink)
The Men
Love when they have guy time!
Being good for Daddy...so ready to run!


Mom's Shirt





All Done!


Headed to his reward!!!
Can't get there fast enough!
Pool Time!


Mommy and Billy :-)
The Race went so great! Better than I ever could have thought. It was alot hotter than I expected but we all did great. This was only my 2nd 5k ever and I think Mom's first and definitely Billy's first 5k ever. Mom held the leash the entire way and Billy did so good weaving in and out of the walkers. We finished in 40 mins flat...which I was really pleased with. We basically ran the entire way just had to manage through the crowd. It was a great experience and for a wonderful cause. I was so happy to celebrate the memory of Sharon and remember all the great times with her and her family.

No comments: