Our Family

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My 1st Day at NHS!!!!

Friday was my first real day of volunteering at the shelter by myself. I was so pumped. I had my little fitness nano watch on to see exactly what I got accomplished in my two hours. Basically as a dog walker volunteer. You are there to help get those dogs out of their kennels...get them outside...and get them some one on one time. Some of the dogs are all about being outside and the smells...some are all about the potty time...some are all about you....and then some are a mixture. I had the best day there and met some really really awesome dogs. I felt like I got so much accomplished and I felt like I really made a difference. It was such an amazing feeling...I was totally in my element and it was great.

Here are some of the amazing dogs I got to spend time with:

Coco

Dixie Doo

Layla

Marcus

Moon Shadow


Taylor

Not Pictured: Hank 

The Pups I played with: 

Not Pictured: Mozarella, Cleo, Ginger, Duncan and Laker  

Terry  This pup loved giving hugs!!!!


In 2 hours I walked 7 dogs and got over 3.5 miles in and got to love on puppies too. 
Amazing first day!!!



No comments: